Disclosure: Hotels.com asked us to share our travel experiences in Ft. Lauderdale, while all opinions remain our own.
New York City is one of the most romantic destinations in the United States, making it the best place to take your significant other on vacation. In this guide we have included the most romantic things to do in New York City with your loved one.
In a city with a population over 8 million, there is so much you can do in New York City that a 3 days itinerary to New York City will give you a glimpse of what this cosmopolitan city has to offer. Get ready for the best trip of your lifetime and some amazing romantic memories together! Skip the chocolate and roses and bring your special someone on the most romantic weekend trip to NYC.
The Big Apple has tons of romantic things to do so make sure to use this itinerary to build your own 3 days itinerary to New York City. Pick and choose the most romantic things to do in NYC that fit both of your personalities.
Where to stay in NYC?
New York City is huge so depending on what type of hotel you are looking for at the time of booking. If you are looking for a more affordable option Brooklyn might be right for you as the Upper East Side has more luxurious options. The best things to do and therefore places to stay in NYC are spread around Manhattan. No matter where you stay, you can always find a variety of hotels that will match your preference, interests and budget in almost every neighborhood. Some of our favorite neighborhoods to stay in NYC are Midtown, Upper East and West Side, Tribeca, SoHo, East Village, Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn.
The Ultimate Guide With The Most Romantic Things To Do In NYC:
Day 1 in New York:
- The Vessel: Unfortunately, entering the Vessel structure itself is closed to the public but you can still enjoy its beautiful architecture from outside.
- High Line Park: Go for a stroll along the High Line Park. This beautiful urban park is located on a former elevated railroad track. Without a doubt, taking a stroll and enjoying the beautiful skyline of the Big Apple is one of the most romantic things to do in New York.
- Chelsea Market: Very close to the High Line Park is a massive food hall and shopping mall mixed into one. Here you can grab breakfast, lunch, or dinner and recover some energy for what is coming.
- Chinatown and Little Italy: Get lost in these beautiful neighborhoods and try some Chinese food and fresh cannoli.
Day 2 In New York:
- World Trade Center and 9/11 Memorial and the Oculus: Right next to the World Trade Center memorial you can find the Oculus, a stunning beautiful building that serves as a subway station and shopping mall.
- Wall Street: Make sure to take a photo with the Wall Street Bull, the Charging Bull, and the Fearless Girl.
- Staten Island Ferry: Take the Staten Island Ferry to get some of the best views of Lady Liberty has to be added to your most romantic things to do in NYC list. You can take the ferry for free and sail across the New York Harbor.
- Brooklyn Bridge and Dumbo: The Brooklyn Bridge is one of the most iconic landmarks in New York City and for sure one of the most romantic places to take your loved one. We recommend waking up early and going for a morning stroll or for sunset to make it even more special with the sky turning beautiful colors.
- Bushwick, Brooklyn: If you or your loved one likes street art this is your neighborhood. You will have a blast finding cool murals around every corner.
- The Flat Iron: The Flatiron Building has a unique triangular shape, and it is the perfect stop for taking romantic photos with your love one.
Day 3 in New York:
- Central Park: There are so many things you can do in Central Park, from renting a boat at the Loeb Boathouse, to visiting Strawberry Fields, or enjoying the 58 miles of trails in this natural oasis in the center of a bustling city.
- Love Sign: What is more romantic than taking your love one to the Love Sign?
- Guggenheim Museum has a pay as you wish entrance fee after 5:45 PM on Saturdays.
- Times Square: Your visit to NYC is not complete without witnessing the bright lights and sounds of Times Square.
- Top of the Rock: One of the most romantic things you can do in NYC finding the best views of the New York City skyline. I am sure your loved one will never forget the experience at the Top of the Rock. From the observation deck you can see all of Central Park, the Empire Estate and some of New York’s most iconic landmarks. The Top of the Rock is on top of Rockefeller Center and it is definitely a place you should go with your significant other on your 3 days itinerary to New York City.
- Grand Central Partnership Walking Tours lead a free 90-minute walking tour at 12:30pm every Friday, hitting places like Grand Central Terminal whispering gallery’ and the Chrysler Building.
Disclosure: Due to the ongoing Covid pandemic some attractions maybe closed or limited at this time. Make sure to consult local authorities about current restrictions and guidelines. Please keep your safety and the safety of others in mind at all times. If you do decide to travel at this time, please wear a face mask, wash your hands regularly and bring hand sanitizer with you.